Analyzing Social Problems
In this week’s learning module, you learned to differentiate individual from societal problems. In this discussion, you are going to sharpen your understanding of these concepts while developing skills to analyze current events. There are 2 components to this discussion that you must complete for full credit.
First, apply these concepts to the real world. Please choose 1 individual problem and 1 social problem related to the technological advancement you discussed in Unit 1. Drawing insights from the Unit 2 topics, please answer the following questions:
· What 2 problems did you choose?
· What makes the first topic an individual problem?
· What makes the second topic a social problem?
Second, Describe the strategies you used to define, describe, and analyze these problems. Drawing insights from the Unit 2 topics, please answer the following questions:
· What databases did you search for sources used to answer questions from the previous section?
· What key terms did you use to select a list of sources?
· What criteria did you use to select articles from the list you collected?
· What are the pros/cons of each of your strategic decisions?
The Library of Congress (Links to an external site.) has established an index of social issues in the United States.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.