Come up with a series of the 3 items for each of the following sentences:
(a) Predicate Logic symbolization of the original sentence
(b) result of applying QN to (a), i.e., with different quantifier
(c) restatement of (b) back into a plain English sentence
which should be different from the original English sentence in its
utterance, but still the same in its meaning
1. Anything that leads to violence is wrong.
2. Not every smile is genuine.
3. Terrorists are neither rational nor empathetic.
(hint: two predicates as one unit are ascribed to the subject)
NB: compare the two different sentences in question 4 below
while doing the same tasks respectively as above:
4. (1) Humans are spiritual.
(2) Only humans are spiritual.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.