Gitano Products operates a job-order costing system and applies overhead cost to jobs on the basis of direct materials used in production (not on the basis of raw materials purchased.) In computing a predetermined overhead rate at the beginning of the year, the company’s estimates were: manufacturing overhead cost, $800,000; and direct materials to be used in production, $500,000. The company has provided the following data :
Work in Process
The following actual costs were incurred during the year:
Purchase of direct raw materials
Direct labor cost
Manufacturing overhead costs:
Rent – Building
1. a. Compute the predetermined overhead rate for the year
b.Compute the amount of under- or over-applied overhead for the year.
II. Manufacturing overhead applied per unit
$ 800,000 / $ 500,000
= $ 1.60
MOH applied for the year
= $ 450,000
Actual Manufacturing overhead:
Depreciation – Factory equipment
Rent – Building
$ 720,000 – 760,000
1. Prepare the statement of cost of goods manufactured for the year.
2. Compute the Cost of Goods Sold for the year. (Do not include the under- or over-applied overhead in the cost of goods sold.) What options are available for disposing of under- or over-applied overhead?
3. Job 215 was started and completed during the year. What price would have been charged to customer if the job required $8,500 in direct materials and $2,700 in direct labor cost and the company priced its jobs at 25% above the job’s cost to absorb period cost as well as provide for profit?
4. If direct materials made up $24,000 of the ending work in process inventory balance. How much is the direct labor cost and the manufacturing overhead?
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.