What effect does the addition of surfactant have on airflow? How well did the results compare with your prediction?
2. Why does surfactant affect airflow in this manner?
3. What effect did opening the valve on the left lung? Why does this happen?
4. What effect on the collapsed lung on the left side of the glass bell jar did you observe when you closed the valve? How ell did the results compare with your prediction?
5. What emergency medical condition does opening the valve simulate?
6. In the last part of this activity you clicked the Reset button to draw the air out of the intrapleural space and return the lung to its normal resting condition. What emergency procedure would be used to achieve this result if these were the lungs in a living person?
7. What do you think would happen when the valve is opened if the two lungs were in a a single large cavity rather than separate cavities?
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
The post Explain What Effects Does the Addition of Surfactant have on Airflow first appeared on homeworkcrew.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.