Distinguish between blood plasma and formed elements. What are the typical components of each?
2. What are the stimuli for red blood cell production and white blood cell production?
3. Explain the functions of the following proteins:
4. Explain the functions of the following cells/cell fragments:
Pluripotent stem cells (hemocytoblasts)
5. Where do the following events occur?
Red blood cell formation
Red blood cell recycling
Plasma protein synthesis
White blood cell formation
Storage of iron removed from worn-out red blood cells
Secretion of erythropoietin
Platelet plug formation
6. What is the relationship between agglutinogens and agglutinins in the ABO blood system?
7. Explain the major events associated with platelet plug formation.
8. Put the following events associated with hemostasis in the correct order.
9. What are the roles of thrombin and fibrin in clot formation?
10. What triggers the extrinsic, intrinsic, and common pathways during coagulation?
11. How would a decrease in the concentration of calcium ions in the blood affect hemostasis?
12. A molecule that activates plasminogen prior to the time that a clot forms would have what effect on clotting time?
13. Almost half of our vitamin K is synthesized by bacteria that inhabit the large intestine. Based on this information, why would taking a broad spectrum antibiotic produce frequent nosebleeds?
14. List one example for each of these three functions of blood:
Maintenance of homeostasis
15. Explain why blood is classified as a connective tissue.
16. Distinguish between iron-deficiency and pernicious anemia.
Order with us today for a quality custom paper on the above topic or any other topic!
What Awaits you:
The post Distinguish Between Blood Plasma and Formed Elements first appeared on homeworkcrew.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.